Friday, June 6, 2008

new NYOil music video. Remember music videos??



Before I received a promo email from Babygrande records, earlier this week, I'd never heard of rapper NYOil. Apparently, he made a video that got banned from YouTube, in support of his single "Y'All Should All Get Lynched" (I couldn't find it, so put it up in comments if you know where it is). I haven't seen this video, but if it was more incendiary than the video featured above, it must have been pretty wild. I'm posting it because it's one of the most visually stimulating and expressive music videos I've seen in a long long time. According to NYOil, it was directed by Tyree Dillihay of Titmouse Studios, who many of you will know from Afro Samurai and Metalocalpyse, and produced by BET. The song itself is fucking awesome. If nothing else, it's a conversation starter. His album, Hood Treason, comes out July 8th.

P.S. Thanks to NYOil for his quick response to my request for info!

Digg this

1 comment:

Kool KIM aka NYOIL said...

Extra fly to be on a site dedicated to animation and comic book art..
as a former student at the world famous Art and Design Highschool it's an honor!

NYOIL